Tuesday 3 September 2013

Surprises!

As I wrote on my previous entry few days back (ok maybe a few more days back lol) my boyfriend of almost 3 years had a surprise for me for the celebration of getting a new job! (I've worked for around 5 years now in the same place, so to me getting this new job really is a big deal!) Although I've already signed a contract and unless I have written permission from the company I cannot state anything about it on a public media outlet so I guess even blogs are part of it, but giving a name wouldn't be bad right? Well I hope not haha cos I am rather too excited to keep it bottled in...

(Highlight this section to see) I'll be working as a part time retail store associate at Vodafone Australia! -dances with joy-

This will mark the first ever 'professional' work I will have undertaken! Given I have worked 5 years in retail, since it is a small company I used to work for, everything was so decentralised in terms of management etc therefore it felt more like working for a family business rather than an actual company haha

Oh did I mention it is also the first time I will ever have the chance at getting commission?? Its rather exciting yet daunting to me. I mean yes I have done really good sales in the old place BUT I've never actually tried to get more sales because it can boost my pay! I honestly hope I can do well in not only getting more pay but doing the work properly haha (please dont mess up ><)


So in celebration he took me out last Monday!


Been telling me he had a surprise but never told me anything so I kept guessing at what it could be!

1. Going to the Botanical Gardens? 
(been there before but never looked everywhere cos stupid me wore heels and I kept complaining and felt like my feet was dying LOL DO NOT wear heels if you're ever gonna explore natural haha )

2. Perhaps Luna Park? 
(We've never been together so it could be something fun to do)

3. Going out to lunch?
(Like somewhere we've never been or something?)

4. Watching a movie?
(We always go on Tuesdays since its cheapo Tuesday discounts throughout Victoria on movies, but considering it was Monday ..... but still a movie would be nice haha)

5. Something to do with theatre and such?
(We went to the orchestra a few months back it was really nice and different, so I thought maybe the ballet or some sort of live production would be really nice)

6. He was bluffing?
(Hahaha yeeeeeeh this crossed my mind sometimes he can be such a troll I swear haha So after all the hyping I thought maybe its nothing :p)

Because he didn't tell me and I honestly knew nothing I thought, hey why does he get all the fun in surprising someone haha I wanna surprise him too!

So I did, and through the only way I knew how hehe with my MAKEUP!

Normally I wouldn't go all out with my make up simply because I am lazy and I do not touch up during the day. For those who put make up on they will know its utterly impossible to look amazing throughout the whole day without popping into the toilets for a bit of touch up, whether it be mascara or concealer or a little lippy color. But since today is different I went all out haha (needless to say, end of day I looked....weird LOL)

Blurry iphone photos! haha
The hair was really easy to achieve as I got this curling iron that crinkles the hair.
Detachable head piece.

VS Sasson brand, with detachable head piece. 



I've had this baby for the longest time (maybe like 5 years+ now) I normally go through phases so when I am crazy about something, I end up buying a ton of it like different hair straighteners or curler or hair dyes or eye liner etc you name it, I probably have obsessed over it in the pass decade or so lol

I love how it generates a nice messy beach curl look but still very presentable. For the eye make up I just use the Essence brand (from priceline) brown eye liner as sometimes I find black to be to OTT, like more for clubbing at night than day wear. (Will probably post an entry on all the items I used rather than drag it on here lol)

heres me loving my curls. iphone camera lol blurry

Added a hint of light pink eye shadow to create a more girl look. I did soften the photo so its not extremely visible though.


I added the red lippy so it stood out more, as it was a special occasion I thought it was appropriate haha and I mean I got the lippy so why not!?


Lets not ramble on

See I am a chatterbox lol sometimes I word vomit all over the place and it goes on and on so....

The first place he took me was to.... 'Melbourne's best pho place' his been talking about this spot in Footscray for the longest time after one of his work mates took him there one time and he fell in love with it. He knows I absolutely adore Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) because every time we go out to eat, the first thing I say is pho, I want pho, pho pho pho pho ( I love noodles!) so when he told me he was finally taking me there I was like ERMAHGERD I can finally try this place out! Thing is I don't drive, and I live far far away from Footscray so I can't just go there any time I wanted to.

The places name? I have no clue LOL and he didn't even take notice of it so I guess thats a fail on our part. I will try and see if I can catch the name next time haha


Here's my mouth watering special beef and chicken noodle soup

Iced coffee we ordered, bf had ingenious idea to dump tea in there to turn it into Cham (Papparich style iced coffee+tea)

I noticed there was something in my tea so I looked and realised it was the reflection of the light fitting. So pretty

Turns out this place, I actually HAVE BEEN TO! LOL
I kept giggling cos my bfs always boosting about how yummy this place is and now Im like, 'oh I've been here before!' I actually came here once with my friends after we had our NYE trip to the springs earlier this year and when we got back to Melbourne we were so starved and needed food, this place looked nice and clean and had some empty spots and we needed to fit like around 10 people so we quickly ran into here lol

Since we were so hungry back then, I just gulped down the food rather than appreciating how nice it was ><

Well, guess NOW I COULD. To tell you the truth, the pho here is really nice. The soup base tasted fresh like it had just been cooked and it is real soup not some stock soup most places use.

Added the noodles were nice and thin meaning they haven't been soaked in the water for a long time. Most places, their noodles are so fat and plump because its old and has been sitting in either the soup or some water so its old not fresh, worst is because of the noodles being so fatty it fills you up alot faster and you end up having super bloated tummy and cannot finish the meal.

Because this place is different, the noodle and soup and ingredients are fresh, I ended up doing something I haven't done in since...forever.

I finished the entire thing!



Everything was gone down in my tummy! Best yet, I wasn't dying of over eating, my tummy not only managed to take it all in but I still had room for more stuff haha BEST feeling, ever. See I even finished the soup it was THAT nice! Ok so my bf helped with eating some pieces of beef but it wasn't much he took, cos this time I ate way too fast for him haha

Man if the day ended like that I would've been one happy and satisfied little girl haha but nope, he had another surprise!

He took out a sleeping mask and told me to put it on haha I was like OMG his so serious about this! (jumps with excitment like a little girl)

So like an obedient person I am I popped it on and thought it was really cute so I went to take a photo of it, he even made a fuss about no taking photos cos I'll look or something but I'm like pulease I can do this with my eyes closed haha

Excuse my double chin, it is acceptable since I ate a whole bowl of pho~
 Have you ever tried being in a car with a sleep mask on? Its so freaky! I swear I was holding onto my seat belt for my dear life cos it felt so scary! My bf kept laughing though but man its such a weird experience!

He drove around a bit and I felt as though he was parking the car, so I though hrmmm maybe it is the aquarium? I mean it cant be the park now since there's parking lol or maybe he had booked some hotel stuff but then I didnt bring any change of cloths or anything so that's a no no then he handed me something and told me to look...



Ermahgerd! When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was at none other than DFO (direct factory outlet) and inside the envelope was ...

money.



His giving me, my first ever shopping spree! He told me not to blog about this and I was like "huh why, is it because you don't want your future girlfriend to know you had splurged on me and scared they might demand you do the same to them?" haha omg I found my sugar daddy lolol


As you can see from his face, he cant really comprehend how happy I was haha boys, they know nothing of what happiness shopping sprees can give!

I've always joked to him about taking me out and paying for my stuff cos like its what men are suppose to do for their partners! And I now I am super happy and surprised he actually took it to heart and did this for me haha I am so spoilt :p

Not going to disclose how much he gave cos money is just money, only what we do with it that counts hehe
although we were at a shopping centre, I didn't want to buy items of clothing because lets face it, shirts tops pants coats dresses, we can only wear one at a time and cant wear them everyday and since this isnt just me going shopping, it is actually a celebration and a surprise from him to me, I wanted to get something special, something I can use everyday just to remind myself how lucky I am.





My choice?
...





A watch!! What will it look like hrm?...



A gorgeous Tommy Hilfiger watch hehe

Ive always wanted a more adult looking mature watch! I've had pretty dress watches and had my GUESS watch for awhile now, but it wasn't like a mature looking one. So I really really wanted something different, to tell myself I am now, no longer a child and I am an adult xD

I love this watch face and the nice hint of gold tones are really nice, for me if I were to splurge on an item, I expect to be able to see what the item is, so I needed something which would not only stand out but to also show people and myself what it is (yep I are superficial but comeon if Imma spend that much on something, it should be worth its cost)


My watch and I.


(excuse the blurry pics, iphone inner cameras are weird if the lighting isn't right)



My hair looks short in the last photo cos I tucked all the longer parts at the back haha, I've never had short hair before like this so I wanted to have a try and see how it'll look. Needless to say I loved it so much I did get something done :P but thats for next entry lol

In the end, I was not only super surprised and kept complimenting my bf and his skill to still surprise me after so long we've been together, but I was and still always be grateful I have someone as amazing as him in my life. He make me laugh, makes me happy makes me pissed off, makes me sad and all the emotions I can think of and regardless of how I am to him or how annoying I can be, he still loves me for me and that's something worth more than anything money can buy. It is easy to love someone, but to truly understand them and still love them is something else. 


But... he doesn't read my blogs so he'll never know haha

Side note, he wrote on the envelope may this mark the end of your poverty days, that didn't really come true as I found I've been splurging a bit more the past few days on virtually everything LOL guess we can't always have it all

Thanks for reading! 

Take care and until next time,


xoxo M3

No comments:

Post a Comment