Saturday 28 September 2013

Cosplay~

Always been a huge fan of anime and cosplay, but never really had the time/funds/guts to do cosplay myself.


It honestly wasn't until my Hanami Day trip which rekindled my love for dressing up and not to mention how much easier and fun it was to take photos of myself whilst parading as someone/thing else! 




Every time I go out, I get all prettied up etc like outfit/makeup/accessories, so honestly cosplay is no different, however instead of playing the role of myself, I am immersed in the role of being an anime fictional character hehe




With my rekindled love and added with my impulsive-ness personality, I immediately started to search all the cosplay stores out there....




starting with "CHEAP COSPLAY" as my google search (。・ω・。)





The best and probably cheapest site I found is Milanoo which offers discounts and various what nots during different seasons :D currently they have discount on total price until 29/9/2013 so if you want to order, better do it fast!




I found various outfits from them which are uber tempting to buy like TONS of Naruto cosplay and Final Fantasy ones!



They are having a sale on this outfit 50% discount which brings it down to only $17.80 AUSD which makes it even cheaper on USD



$40.07 to be Ino! You know you wanna!





Obviously the popularity of the characters has an impact on the costs. The more popular it is, the better quality material they will use as people will compare as they've seen so many good bad and ugly types of cosplay.




One thing I love about Milanno is how non-shiny their fabrics look! One thing I hate about cheapo cosplay is that the manufacturers just think because it is cosplay or a costume, they dont have to use normal material and we the consumers end up wearing shiny ass fake looking stuff.




Back then cosplay weren't so popular hence prices were waaay higher and to get only crappy stuff? NTY (no thank you)  But with Milanno, they seem to have hit the spot by supplying cosplay/costumes which look like real outfits :D




As I am writing this, I am dying of anticipation and so excited about my soon to be purchase from them haha





Here are just more cosplay they offer:



Be Vincent for the low low price of $102.41 AUSD



Or the pretty Rinoa for $77.92



For $95 you can be the awesome sexy Cloudo Kun



Serah costume only $38.95 thanks to their current discount promo :D





Other than cosplay costumes they also have wigs which are done very nicely and all have pretty good reviews



This one is probably one of their higher end types of wigs so it is costly around $50.08 but I think its worth it. Looks amazing here lol


Not to drag on and on about what they offer, here is what I WILL BE GETTING



Lacus Clyne!


Hehe yepyep I wanna be cosplaying Lacus! Why? Because its pretty and its pink LOL, added the cost is only $57.88 which imho is dirt cheap! I'll be adding the extra charge for it to be custom made also :D So totalling to around $81 AUSD

This will be my first time every purchasing cosplay and through a site I have never bought anything from lol so it is a huge as gamble but its just once off so I guess I will have to try to see

There are some very bad press about Milanno especially from the current community of cosplayers I asked, however many have either got other peoples opinions or through what reviews have said dated 2 years back, so I am hoping things will be different now :)
I suppose with anything, there will always be hit and miss so that is a given, and unless I try I cant really just go by what others told me, especially when they purchase another type of cosplay and not this particular one (crosses fingers)


In terms of the wigs, I will buy from ebay as it is cheaper and white boots I can purchase anytime from a retail store so thats no biggie.


Absolutely cannot wait for it to arrive. Total estimated time is 21 days maximum so from now it'll mean hopefully it'll arrive 19/10/2013! Just before my Sydney trip and before Armageddon which I still dunno whether to go or not haha depends if I am broke or not to purchase the tickets I guess :3


-begin rant- 
PS: Alot of people have been telling me I get what I paid for with cosplay which is sometimes correct, however I have to rant that even IF I were to spend $200 on a cosplay, unless they use some damn unbreakable fabric, all fabric will wear and tear so yes rich bums go ahead and spend a ton of money on it, but it doesn't hurt to bargain hunt from time to time and try out cheaper alternatives rather than stick with the majority and going by what others say.

Added I rocked a $30 cosplay kimono on Hanami Day without ANYONE ever coming up to me and saying my outfit was shiit or crappy. Infact I had tons of people wanting to take photos because I looked really nice and my kimono was beautiful, sometimes the cost of the outfit doesn't show through, it is HOW you wear it and HOW you present yourself confidently which makes all the difference. 
-end rant


Heres the photos of me with my $30 Kimono <3


Didn't even iron it :( didn't have time haha





Take care and until next time!




xoxo M3

No comments:

Post a Comment