Wednesday 4 September 2013

Another Dye adventure + product reviews

haha yes another one! 



I think I've changed my hair so much in the pass few months my bf is no longer surprised by it at all and is probably glad I still have hair left LOL

So allow me to recount, first time bleach, then less than 1 week later another bleach session to make it lighter and it gave me a nice orangey strawberry Asian blonde color which I adored!

But as luck would have it, I got a job interview and as it was professional (or at least the first professional job interview I have been to) I wanted to look less...T.B (teeny bopper, this used to be THE word we use back then, not swag or yolo or w.e kids call themselves these days .-. TeenyBopper Wiki) therefore I went and dyed my hair using a semi perma dye -hazelnut- color which I ended up LOVING cos my hair turned to a nice shade of Ash blonde 



Before and after





 (click on the photos to enlarge)


The photo colors aren't that impressive so it'll probably be a bit hard to distinguish the two, but I can guarantee it looked different irl lol

So after trying out the hazelnutty color, I liked it so much (and because I did need to dye my hair to a more natural color due to starting work real soon!) I decided to permanently dye it to hazelnut!!

Yes another dye job, thank goodness I went cheapo and started DIY dying or else changing so much so recent would honestly cost me a fortune! It already has costed a small fortune haha 

Luckily Priceline around that time that ANOTHER sale! haha yes sorry for blogging so late about it, this time they only had the sale going on for 2 days so I couldn't really blog fast enough for it >< what sale was it this time?....





40% off all hair care products



LOOOOOOL WAHT?!

Yep they had 40% off the entire range of hair care products like shampoo conditioners hair treatments dyes bleaches you name it, it was on sale. I swear all these sales are making me broke rather than saving me much money lol

Of all the hair care products I chose this one as it was 'new' and it seemed really simple and easy to use. RRP was around $22 or so, with the discount I managed to pay ONLY $11 ish which is an absolute bargain! Best was, this color foam contained enough for not only once off dying, but also enough for some root touch ups later on which can be a god sent sometimes if your hair grows super fast and your roots are show casing another color but redying the entire hair can be super damaging.

Schwarzkopf: ultimate colour;
multi-usage permanent color foam in hazelnut
668

As dying the hair again, not matter how 'gentle' the dye claims to be for your hair, it is always best to get treatment for it and since a sale was going on, I thought why not try something new. I have my argan oil which is amazing but that was only for outer protection, I needed something which would penetrate into my hair follicles and treat it from inside out. This was when I found this little gem...


Again another Schwarzkopf product haha, I swear I am not getting paid for this, it is entirely coincidental I end up loving things from the same brand. Or maybe it was because its cheap LOL I guess a bit of both.

Although I purchased this tube of amazing goodness out of curiosity and because it was on sale, I ended up loving it and it honestly is saving my hair from all the damage and horrible adventures I have put it through!

Seriously after dying my hair and using this for 1-2mins before rinsing it out, afterwards I couldn't believe it but I could actually comb through my wet hair without it tangling like mad

Sidewards Gif lol sorry!
Super Uber glad I did purchase that tub of hairy goodness. Price was super affordable also, I believe it was around $8 and with the discount only came down to $4 something. However given if I knew how good this is, I honestly would've paid the full price as it is still fairly cheap.





How did the hazelnut color turned out?




Tbh I believe I lost track of time when the dye was processing and may have gone WAY over the 30mins which left me with...


.....


....


Super dark hair LOL (back to square one)



  


I guess the only consolation is that the color isnt black .... Its just a darker shade of dark brown lol and I can still wash it off as color will fade sooner or later (cries in the corner)

Honestly when I first saw it, I was depressed. Through all the trouble of bleaching it, I ended up back in square one, but now thinking back, its not that much of a big deal lol I still love it and it is different. Least I don't have to do super light eyebrows any more to match the color of my hair which is a bonus.

In this adventure, I have learnt: ....

DO NOT OVER PROCESS YOUR HAIR DYE!!

Please ensure you set a timer and stick with it, sometimes it is hard as we tend to think "oh its only a few mins more, maybe the color could stay a bit longer" no... just no. I was lucky to only end up with darker color, worse could have been my hair getting chemically burned and fallen off which is a high possibility thanks to all the bleaching I had done previously.

Well lesson learnt for me haha I shall now eager wait until the color gets a bit lighter from a few days worth of washing





take care and until next time

xoxo M3

1 comment:

  1. So pretty Fayebear <3 I'm too afraid to dye my hair anything other than black ><. However, the Palty Hair Dye in Natural Brown looks rather pretty <3

    ReplyDelete