Friday 16 August 2013

MicroBlog2 16/8/2013

Jobs Jobs Jobs!

I have been working in the same retail place for around and maybe a little over 5 years now, which is quite a long time especially since I was 16 when I first started there. Any young impressionable teen would easily have moved from one job to another seeking higher pay etc etc but for me I am someone who is very very VERY happy and content with familiar things, like a familiar place to work at day in day out haha maybe I am just afraid of change, who knows!

Although I am content with the familiar, seeing how so many friends of mine moving from work to work and getting way more pay than I was at a similar field have prompted me to search for jobs a few times. Perhaps it is the places that I do search at and hand my resumes in, I never honestly had any luck. Which obviously is a real set back and makes me hesitant to keep trying.
It is not the rejection that makes me less confident but the fact most of the jobs I applied at never take the time to tell me I wasn't chosen. It was always the no contact no nothing type of rejection. Its hard because I do want to know why I wasn't chosen and only after knowing can I actually understand and move on or do better next time.

In the 5 years of employment I probably searched for work twice lol but each time would involve like around 15 different stores so I do search quite a bit and apply. I am a procrastinator but when I set my mind to do something I will do it 150% haha rather extremes of two ends :3

Coming to a time in my life where I know I must be searching for stable jobs or at least go out of my current field its becoming more and more daunting, so earlier this year I tried again and this time with a super open mind. (Putting my availability as 24/7, which is basically true since I can adjust my roster time in the current work and uni times are super flexible) 

Few months have passed since I applied for a few jobs in my local area and today something utterly unexpected happened.


I GOT A CALL BACK


A place which I almost forgot I had applied to, texted me today asking if I was still interested in a position available. As I was actually heading to work and had my phone in one hand, I immediately saw and responded (gotta be fast and prompt with these things, felt like it was once in a life time LOL)
They immediately replied and asked for my current availability and once the phone call ended, I have an appointment on Tuesday afternoon next week!

Honestly the whole experience felt so surreal and the person who spoke with me, I felt like I've known them forever! Just the fact we spoke so casually and everything was so comfortable is like wow I can't honestly explain it haha (always imagined getting THE phone call would be like we gotta act all professional and be super duper professional)

The place which called me, I won't name just YET, but it is a firm which I can actually have a career in and I can move up if opportunity is given. At a time where places like the big banks need to downsize their work force it is scary and we gotta search for places which are not only stable but can provide a good income, we need to be super careful and secure our spots before it is too late. I mean who knows, maybe one day I can be manager and then own one of their branches lololol big CEO dream ahahah

Todays gonna be a good good day~ I hope things will work out well, I am not religious but I am praying haha

To all the people out there who may not be as a big procrastinator as I, keep trying, keep applying! Because we can all learn and even if we aren't skilled for the work now, no one can prevent us from learning how to do the work and then be skilled at it.

When I first began working in the retail store I am in now, I could not do public speaking, the thought of talking in front of my peers would make me cry, literally. It was so scary and I was super shy. I don't know how or why but I just knew I wanted a future for myself, therefore during work experiences I applied for my current one and got it. Then through hard work and showing what I am capable of, the employer chose to employ me :3

5 years later, I am a confident little Asian girl who can strike up conversations with anyone, any age. any gender anything! haha I am by far social, I live under a rock but through my work it has opened me up to my daily dose of interactions.

Life is weird, it has plans for all of us but it is up to US to take the opportunities and just go for it. Never give up on anything because if its worth it, it is worth fighting for.


Take care and until next time,

M3

Ps, no photos this time, wrote this up at work LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment