Tuesday 27 August 2013

Maybelline Super stay 24 Lipstick

Best. Thing. EVER.


I absolutely love it and currently imho (in my honest opinion) it probably is one of the best lip color available!
As my last entry stated, I purchased it through the Priceline 50% off Maybelline product sale and because Ive recently noticed how nice red lips are and the whole red color collection, I decided it was time I went to get my own.

Desire + sale= shopping spree

I ended up purchasing the Maybelline Super stay 24 lip color in 'Keep Up the Flame' 025 which has a nice strong red bright vibrant red, prefect for Asian skin tones as it has a semi nice pink under tone which off sets the pink tones in our skin, so it ends up making our skin look less yellow in a way.

On the day of DIY photoshoot, no fliter used just natural lighting

Lip color looks darker in darker lighting and brighter in natural lighting, best of both worlds.

This photo had filter, taken from Wonder Cam iphone App which lightens the photos to make it more softer

Color aside, what I absolutely adore about this product is, when it states 24 hour color, it really means 24 hour long wear!


Photo shown on previous blog, taken on the day of purchase.

When I got home after work. 4 hours later and after 2 attempts with soap to wash it off.
See where the other lip colors faded into a mere tint of color, super stay 24 is still going strong

The color I tried on my hands were from testers and although it was smart to test the colors out, I never knew how hard it'll be to get the color off! LOL

I ended up with 2 days of color stain on my hand. Now obviously though the skin on your lips is different to our hands in which since the lip stick is made for lips, the color wont stain your lips and it can be easily removed by make up remover or if you rub it really hard, like really really hard. So don't fret and think "OMG this color is like a tattoo" which it isn't.

I loved this so much that I went to purchased another one few days later, same price from Priceline also but in different color.

As the red is really eye catching, it isnt something I can wear on a day to day basis. It is more like reserved for special going out occasions and definitely inappropriate for the work place (cries)

Neverending Pearl!

Apart of their "nude" color collection

See the difference?


As my photos can suggest, the red one is really really red LOL But the pink is honestly just right! And best yet it even blends into my original lip color so its like a nice gloss shine over my always dried lips.

Did I mention these babies have their own lip conditioning balm? One side (colored part) is the lip color, the white side is where the balm is hidden and omg its so nice and moisturisingly good! I normally dont care much about lip color but I can honestly say these babies are making me obsessed! 

Neverending Pearl


My normal dry lips on a Melbourne's winters day

With 2 thin coats of the lip color neverending pearl

Obscenely close up of my lower face .-.

Notice how after applying the lip balm on top of the lip stick, see how white the balm still is? When they said 24 hour stay, they really mean it'll stay on YOUR lips which is why I love using it! No more staining your drinking cups or your bfs faces when you kiss them haha

Although I did find the RED one to fade alot faster than the nude colors but none the less as shown above it still is properly the best lippy I found at a good price. RRP is around $21 AUSD.
After neverending pearl! My lips look soo much more healthier

Sometimes when we find something worth while, we just gotta tell people about it, and this lippy I just had to share! Hope someone can find it useful haha

Take care and until next time,


xoxo M3

No comments:

Post a Comment