Sunday 4 August 2013

Gaming Part 2

Moving on from the previous rant...

Continuation of my previous gaming entry, 


gaming has recently been a huge part of my life.


Whether it be consuming my time, effort or money it has become such an important and strangely obsessive part of me.

People have so many various reasons for gaming, and I'd like to state mine.

Main reason I love gaming, is the fact I am in control of something which I can dictate its every move, every decision and everything it does. Coming from a single parent family, there are times where things are just completely out of my hands and things which I want to change, I do all I can to, but in the end I cannot do as I wish. Some may say its just my personality that I am controlling or what not, but who wouldn't want control over things concerning them? I am no different from anyone else.

Hence gaming has become the outlet of many things, my will to control, my creative outlet and my outlet where I can rage and be the uber social non-stop talking person I am. I do consider myself a social person, but I am lazy and when going face to face interactions, I have a horrible tendency to become lazy and not want to talk much lol it is not because I find people boring etc, its simply because I am lazy. 
Gaming is good simply because I can pause and stop typing at any given time to relax and just not talk....then come back and be like 'oh I was afk' (yeeeeeeh now people know why I afk so much LOL)

Aside from the personal reasons, I also love gaming because of the social aspect, there are people whom are extremely nice and in time, you will grow to love each one of them like a part of your family. I know I have and like all families there are ups and downs (both which have turned me into the person I am today).

There are also experiences which people may not learn as fast in the real world as they would do online. Through gaming, I have been subjected to some online targetting from people who would seemingly act all nice and friendly but they would talk crap about me behind my backs, and on-line things said don't go away so easily, so actual friends of mine can screenshot and actually show me proof which helps a lot in dealing with people like that.

I've always been a firm believer of karma, and I am one who love to watch people suffer from the same thing they dealt to others. (Yes I am evil!)



Now for the fun reasons why I love gaming.


Side note: I am NOT a sucker for game play, tbh (to be honest) screw game play, so long as the interface looks nice (aka nicely spaced out without tabs all over the place so I can actually enjoy the view in the game) and the game has nice graphics, I would be one happy gamer.

Anyways continuing on...


Fashions!!!


I adore fashions, any games which allow me to dress up my toon and play barbie, I would dearly love to play. (Talisman Online was an exception because it was my first real 3d-ish mmo)

These are from PWI (Perfect World International) 

My toon was an Assassin named _Ariella_, reason behind the name, because it was a 'tideborn' class, aka mermaid, then I thought "ariel" which was taken, and ella is derived from bella (meaning beautiful in Italian) and I am vaaaaaaaaaaaaaain, so Ariella! 

Lol I know I am shmart -bows-
This was my assassin Toon, _Ariella_ on PWI (Perfect World international)

I love mix-matching outfits to create new color schemes or styles

The shinobi colored scheme was made accidentally, when both dyed to similar color

Yes those are wings on the 3rd from the left, PWI has flyers, depending on your toon they may be wings OR mounts

Right one is my wedding dress! The dress itself I had to buy as pure white, as it comes bought in random colors

Loved the courtesan styled fashion on the left, so classy for an assassin LOL its like I will kill you, but with grace and elegance

White butterfly top, so pretty.

I was based on the server Heavens Tear, which I believe (correct me if I am wrong) a PVE (player versus environment) server, it was my choice out of the other servers due to the fact it was one of the older heavily populated servers on PWI (there's nothing worse than joining a game only to realise its dead, or the server is dead. CHOOSE your servers wisely, it can make or  break your gaming experience). I joined various guilds and was lastly in the guild Karma which became the 2nd strongest in pvp wise and overall dominance of the territory war field after Enrage died out a tad. I don't know how but I always end up making connections in-game and well, I shouldn't gloat but I do end up in some of the best guilds of the server -grins-
 OH but non of the 'you're only there cos you're a pretty girl who flirts' HELL NO.

>>Everything my toon has, every piece of frkn gear, refines, fashions, fetishes were ALL obtained by my own two hands smashing through my dying keyboard tirelessly, hours on end. I have never been one comfortable enough to ask people for things, nor do I accept gifts easily either without feeling uber guilty and spoiled. The only in-game marriages I ever do are with friends whom I trust and respect, I always refrain from online flirting because I really dislike flirting and I am SO awkward in flirting. Even with my bf I don't flirt with lol<<

What I loved about PWI was that, it had fashions which you could customize by dying to the colors of your choice. Best yet was people buy and sell fashion as nothing was 'bound' (bind to your toon and you cannot trade/sell/discard) therefore people like me (who stare hours endlessly in the auctions to find cheapies to buy) can actually make a living in-game from it. 

Buy low, sell high. Colors which may not be popular can sell rather well to the right buyer (or if you leave it long enough in the auctions...life lessons!)

Games take up so much of my time, but its not always about gearing up and killing mobs (monsters), there are various other aspects of games which make them SO appealing to people and it caters to a whole range of people out there. 

As a gamer, I really dislike when people judge and say all gamer's have 'no life' or are 'worthless' 'anti-social' people. It is entirely not true, I have yet to meet a gamer whom spends the entirety of their time solo'ing (solo doing everything) or someone who have never joined a guild/faction/club/group and just spoke to themselves. The on-line interaction is just as the same as it is in the real world. Only difference is people can pause and think through what they wish to say and how they will convey their message compared to real life where there is no back space or delete lol



OK OK Back to photos of fashions...

FW (Forsaken World) this used to be my main, Tatiiana, its retired now though. But Ermahgerd, elf wings so PURDY

Both my toons, ex-mains, Tatiiana and PriestessFaye. Matching fashions!

Gaming is one of my pet peeves due to how much time it consumes, but then again, since I love it so much it really isn't a pet peeve LOL (suppose the real peeve is how indecisive I am about my mains therefore I end up spending lots of time on making a fair few, but I just blame it on being a normal multi-tasking woman gene I have)


Take care and until next time!


xoxo M3

1 comment: