Wednesday 21 August 2013

Continuation of the blonde Adventures!

As I wrote previously I had bleached my hair and then redid it and thirdly did some DYI ombre highlights which was mentioned in my GrapeFruitEntry all of which were done by using
The large tub of hi-lift bleach powder and the medium sized developer really lasts for awhile. My hair is medium borderline long and I still have half a tub left of the bleach.

Reasons why I absolutely love DIY, is the fact you have control over what you want. Fair enough hairdressers are amazing and they can do great work, but sometimes having that control is just fun! However I will stress and cant stress enough to always take care of your hair and to always ALWAYS follow the instructions given on the packaging! It is there for a reason, we don't want our hair to fall off or get so burnt its dead so please take care. And after you bleach always do treatments on your hair also to maintain its shine and health :3 

I wont drag on about the process etc etc I will just summarize how I did about my hair and its outcomes
 \(=^‥^)/’`

Photo taken before Ombre ends added, as you can see even after 2 bleach attempts there is still patchy dark brown to black parts near where my eyes are on each end lol

just another vanity shot and look look straight Korean brows! haha this was before I bleached my brows. did it because I realised how the darkness of my browns is super contrasting to my hair and looks odd. o.o


Ombre attempt

Because bleach reacts to the heat and causes its own heat, I thought of wrapping the bleached ends with glad wrap to allow the heat to stay in the one area, therefore working faster on the hair ;3

because I are vain.

here is the direct after shot of my hair, no makeup #nofilter lolol

Just a side note, when you dye/bleach your hair, when your hair is wet the color will look darker than it really is, so do not stress too much if you wanted light but it looks brown-ish. Just make sure you dry your hair and when its completely dry you can see the actual color result. I was disappointed at first with my bleach because after the shower all I saw was dark brown and I really wanted something different! But turns out its darker because of the water/wetness of my hair lol once it dried, it was nice. ~(=^‥^)/

Vanity shot! its so nice and strawberry blonde hehe as you can see the parts where I bleached longer for the ombre look is more yellow based now compared to the normal bleached parts which are still orangey yellow

Blonde Dye

So here is the culprit will turned my nice Asian blonde to a horrible yellow Asian blonde

Brought semi permanent color because I wanted to have pink hair o.o haha thought it was cute so I just bought it for just incase

clockwise from the top left.

As you can see from the photo above, the Nordic dye did even out my hair color a bit as it began from a patchy some part light some part ugleh, so I guess I am thankful for that. NordicBlonde Review thats the link for the Nordic Blonde ultimate lightener L1++ by Schwarzkopf which is essentially similar to the one I used, except mines a newer model and is suppose to be a cooler metallic blonde. If you read the reviews it is rather 50/50 some say it is brilliant, some absolutely hated it, I am somewhere in between, just meh. 

Fair enough it evened out my hair color, but the yellow blonde dye is too strong and rather than just have a cool metallic blonde, it went really yellow (show in the middle photo) worst was it lightened the top but still left the middle and bottom half of my hair dark-ish .--. 

Made me felt like such a try-hard Asian with fail blonde LOL I am sure some would love that color, but it just didnt work for me and it made my skin tone really washed out and dull, compared to the older orangey blonde which complimented my skin color well.


I can go and complain all I want, but in the end we get what we are given, and I will flaunt what I got 
Top left shows what I mean by some parts were STILL dark .-. even after full coverage dye/lightening


Flaunt that hair


At work where the lights are a normal color, not orange like at home lol

I feel so....young....

Sides, I make a pretty cool blonde panda

I am a panda, hear my roar....


Just a short and quick summary of my temp hair dye.

Well as I wrote before I had a job interview and it was my first ever interview. As my hair was the Asian blonde, I felt as though for an actual and properly job interview, the color may be considered a tad too extreme and well out there lol not professional enough. Best thing about having blonde hair (or as close as possible) especially bleached one is due to the fact you can dye it in ANY other color and the color will show nicely through!

I chose a more subtle nicer natural hazelnut brown for mine

When you get dye on your forehead it will stain if you don't get it off, I recommend using any makeup removing wipes you have, it works wonders and you can prevent ugly skin staining from the dye.

Cleaned my forehead to expose a shiny dance floor .-. never noticed how BIG my forehead was lol

SO HAPPY with result!

I absolutely loved the end result, as even my mother noticed how nice and natural the hair color was and how even the color is! Having spent a month with patchy hair, this meant alot to me haha and best yet rather than having a brown color, I ended up with a nice ash blonde. Ash blonde is essentially darker blonde with hints of brown and its the exact result I got! Best is if I ever get tired of being darker again, I can always just wash it off as it is the 8 wash semi perma dye!

Here's two cam-whoar photos to finish this entry off

Taken at work I love my hair .-.

Really love my hair 

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this! Sorry for all the selfies haha

One down 8 more entries to go D: 

Take care and until next time!

xoxo M3

4 comments:

  1. You really suit this colour! Your hair is sooo lovely! It looks like it is in amazing condition too!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear!! And thanks heaps for reading it also hehe getting feed back means a lot to me! I wish I can say my hairs naturally healthy haha but it's all thanks to my old argan oil treatment xD

    Xoxo

    M3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ash blonde hair! What dye did you use for that?
    Thanks for taking us on your hair adventure ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear! Thank you kindly for your compliment! hehe

    For the Ash blonde, I used schwarzkopf semi permanent hair dye in Hazel Nut color. It might have been due to the fact my hair had the orangey tint, so when mixed it gave off an Ash blonde color. Also semi permanent dyes are great as the color will fade away but still leave some in :)

    Hope it helps!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete