Saturday 24 August 2013

Maybelline 50% Sale! Ends 26/08/2013

Thats right, as the title suggests 50% Maybelline products!

I know I am probably a tad late since it is ending August 26th 2013, aka tomorrow Aussie time lol sorry
been meaning to post about it since first day but so busy and lazy D:

Now Ive never really been one to use one type of makeup brand and stick with it because they are always changing, new products new formulas etc etc added I am a "value for money" type of girl so even though expensive brands or just expensive cosmetics may have a good name, unless there is something added to tempt me I probably wont just splurge a ton on make up lol

This time, Priceline Pharmacy did just that in providing a HUGE 50% off all Maybelline cosmetics (WhatIsMaybelline?)! Yes, ALL. 

Foundations, mascara, liner, powder you name it, they got it all on sale!

I am not entirely sure about their shipping costs online or if they even do international orders, but for Aussie readers you can go online to order at MaybellineProductsPriceline if not order just see what they have before you quickly pop in and buy them in a store near you!

I am a huge sucker for bargains so I really had to hold it in and not just buy everything on sight haha one thing I was really looking for was a nice red lip color! 

When I first began wearing makeup the one thing I never wore was actual red lipstick, as to me it looked too try hard mature lol (who can blame a 14 year old for thinking that though back then?) and that imagine stuck with me for the longest time, until recently I notice how nice red is, how simple yet striking it is when worn correctly! So I had to go round and test the lip colors.

Since Maybelline is on sale I went to check theirs first!


Ello enormous hand of mine.  Left two row are Maybelline super 24 hour  lip color. The two row on the right are Rimmel apocalips lip color



As you can see from the photo above, Rimmel and some other brand I forgot, although when the color was applied looked absolutely amazing and lush, it didn't last. For someone like me who only apply make up ONCE during the day and never touch up, I needed something that would last me longer than the 5 mins I put it on. Especially if you imagine working 8 hours straight and having spotty fading lip color! In retail its a BIG no no as we wont look presentable enough.

The colors I liked from Maybelline super 24 was the top two on the left, I was really tempted to get the pinker version as it is my color but I was like no, I need real red, so I chose the red one haha



Taken after I had purchased it, at work lol

Have to warn you people though, when the lip stick tells you to apply a thin layer and wait 2mins before applying its top coat, please do not pucker your lips together as you would with normal lip stick!! It will not smudge the color but imagine wet nail polish, and you rub two nails together, it creates chucks of sticky color residue and that isnt a good look haha

Was first time trying it so I ended up having weird color lips for the entirety of my work shift .--. (Since then I have learnt from my mistake and now I apply the color, like a pro.)

Actual Priceline Haul: Maybelline + Dove products



From top left: Dove fresh touch face wash $6.99/ Dove daily lotion $12.49/ Dove Foam makeup remover $10.49/ Maybelline Babylips $1.97 x2/ Super stay 24 $10.97/ Maybelline Mastershape brow pencil $5.75. Not in photo is the Maybelline blue nail polish $2.97

I purchased the Dove products because they had buy 2 get one free!! Which is awesome since Dove is such a lovely brand, really good for the skin as it always leaves it soft and healthy! Same goes with their hair products! But I didn't get hair products so I wont talk too much about them lol


Total Damage to my wallet??


Total price of my haul came down to only $46.61! But I paid $42.68 because I am a priceline member and with membership every purchase you make you get points, once you accumulate enough you get discounts! haha Supposedly for the one points period I spent like $130 so I got $4 discount voucher or something which makes it a bit more worth while to purchase from priceline compared to other places just because of it. Added all your points accumulate so even if in one spending period your points don't add enough to get discounts, they will roll it over to next spending period!! 


Sapphire Siren nail color, purchased cos its different to what I have already! Only $2.97 why not?!

Really wanted to try it on the day so I popped it over my fading color haha hence the weird shapes, oh and I do bad nail polish work~

BABY LIPS! This one actually applies on clear, but turns into a hot pink color due to the heat of your lips! Its amazing stuff!

Again terribly sorry for posting this soo late, I hope some people are still able to buy the products at the 50% discount, if not still go check out your nearest priceline they may have other amazing offers available!

Last photo to finish off the entry, this was taken when I had my DIY photoshoot. Done it to put my last years ball dress to use and to showcase the red lip color I really adore now!


Times when the duck face are acceptable!

Later I will put an entry on the lip color just to show case it further, it really is 24 hour lasting and I can show proof haha

Take care and until next time,


xoxo M3 

No comments:

Post a Comment